Dé Luain 23 Feabhra 2009

Falls Park


Its been a long time since I was in the Falls Park.I remember going to the 'Cooler' and there was a burnt out car at the bottom of an empty pool. I remember playing football on one of the, I think, three pitches in the park. I remember traversing the river(sewer) that ran up the side of the park with my mates.

I remember people playing bowls in the fanciest part of the park: the green by the clubhouse. Its funny to think in the middle of all that was going on during my childhood,people were playing bowls on a perfectly cut,luscious green,bowling pavilion. Hmmmm! Reminds me of a WWII war movie, where Brits keep that stiff upper lip, as the Luftwaffe bombs are dropping all around. I remember good times in the Falls park.

Anyway this reminiscence was brought to you by Sean McLaughlin's photo published today on the BBC news site.

No comments:

Post a Comment